The New Health Technology Assessment Project Division is purposed to systematically analyze and assess new medical technologies introduced into Korean Healthcare markets to determine whether the technologies are safe and effective when they are used for patients and to conduct activities to actively inform the public of its results and enhance public understanding in order to contribute to protecting people’s right to Health and establishing Healthcare policies for new Health technology assessment.
The New Health Technology Assessment Project Division implements work entrusted by the Minister of the Ministry of Health and Welfare based on Article 55 of the Medical Services Act and Article 8 of the rules regarding new Health technology assessment.
- Administrative work in relation to applications for new Health technology assessment.
- support for the operation of the Committee for New Health Technology.
- support for the operation of specialized subcommittee by area.
- Work involved in the procedures of new Health technology assessment such as submitting related data and hearing opinions.
- Conducting [systematic literature review] studies in relation to the assessment of the safety and effectiveness of medical technologies.
- Development of methods of and standards for new Health technology assessment.
- Other matters determined by the Minister of the Ministry of Health and Welfare in relation to new Health technology assessment
Current projects (planned, ongoing):
References on the country: