Summarized Research in Information Retrieval for HTA
Welcome to Summarized Research in Information Retrieval for HTA (SuRe Info), a web resource that provides research-based information relating to the information retrieval aspects of producing systematic reviews and health technology assessments. SuRe Info seeks to help information specialists stay up-to-date in the latest developments by providing easy access to current methods papers, and support more research-based information retrieval practice.
The website has two sections, listed below:
- Information on general search methods common across all health technologies;
- Methods to use when searching for specific aspects of health technologies (mainly based on the structure of the HTA Core Model® developed by EUnetHTA)
Click on a heading name to reach the chapter summarizing the current research findings within that category. The references listed at the end of each chapter are linked to structured appraisals of the references, written by members of the SuRe Info project team.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions relating to SuRe Info please complete this contact form.
General search methods
- Sources to search
- Designing search strategies
- Peer reviewing search strategies
- Documenting and reporting the search process
Searching for specific aspects of HTA
- Health problem and current use of technology
- Description and technical characteristics of technology
- Diagnostic accuracy
- Clinical effectiveness
- Costs and economic evaluation
- Ethical analysis
- Organizational aspects
- Social aspects
- Legal aspects
- Qualitative research